Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So what are their names??

I do not know how many people ask multiple times what my kids' names are....BUT that would be our fault because my husband and I did not make them easy to remember. I will start with the oldest.
This is our oldest, she is five almost six (March 28), her full name is Avalon Jade Raven Braatz. We picked Avalon from the myth about the Mists of Avalon. It is from the time of King Arthur. Jade I have always liked as a name and Raven is one that we both liked, so we just stuck them all together. Fair warning this is the child with the shortest name.

This is our middle and only son, he is 3 (December 7), and his full name is Bishop Charles Alvin Xavier Braatz. Otherwise known as Xavier. Why Xavier?? Because when I was pregnant my husband wanted to name him Bishop. But I hate the idea of naming your kids after their parents, no matter what variation. So in order for my husband to get his way we had to make a deal that we could call him Xavier; which is a name I have always liked since I was a child. When he is old enough he can decide for himself what he wants to go by. Charles is grandpa's middle name, Alvin is my grandfather's name, and you know the other two names already.
And here is our youngest, she is one, almost two (April 30). Our little angel's full name is Caillean Pheonix Linda Rhiannon Dominique Braatz. Yup, I think I got them all there!! Her full first name is Caillean Pheonix legally. Why? Because when we applied for her birth certificate they could not fit all of her middle names, so we had to take one middle name and add it on to her first name. Why didn't we just do away with one of the names? Because we love them all! Caillean is also from the Mists of Avalon Book. Pheonix is from the comic X-men. Linda is after my grandmother who passed away three years ago. Rhiannon is just a name we both thought was beautiful and finally Dominique.....well John added that to the end the day she was born at the hospital. There is a story behind that but we will save that for another time.

So there are our three precious children and their extended names. And for those of you who don't know my husbands name is Obispo John C Velasco Braatz. So I am the only normal one is the family with Jennifer Elizabeth.


0 comments: