Monday, March 28, 2011

Baptism Dress

Avalon and I have been wanting to get a special dress for her baptism on April 3. We picked this one out from whiteelegance.com, but I didn't want to pay $59.99 they wanted for it. So I decided I was going to make it.


I found a pattern that seemed to be similar after a long hunt. The pattern did not include the second layer on the dress though. So my mom and I had to make that part up. The pattern cost $7.00. The white fabric I found on clearance at walmart for $2 a bolt (5 yards). And the cording and flowers were a total of maybe $5. So the grand total of the dress we made was about $15. A huge savings! I think it turned out pretty good. You will have to stay tuned until next week when I post pictures of her wearing it!!

0 comments: