Sunday, June 28, 2009

The zoo and the day after!

Yesterday I asked my manager if I could possibly leave work a little early, so that my family and I could go to Rhythm and Booms. Well she said that it was no problem. I was so excited to be going and spending the day in Warner Park to see the fireworks.....but then they canceled it because of severe weather coming into the area. So we had to find something else to do with our day. So we decided to go to the zoo!! Xavier's favorite animal was the tiger! He just loved how the tiger would walk up to the window within a reach of him. We had to pull him away from the window to move on. Avalon loves polar bears, but they were hiding in their caves unfortunately. Probably because of the heat. And Caillean!! She of course loves the monkies....but everything else she hated. She was deathly afraid of all the rest of the animals. More in particular the snakes and the tiger. When the tiger came up to the window.....she lept back with a death piercing scream and started crying. And it was the same way with the reptile house. I had to hold her the entire time. She didn't even like the carousel....well she liked it when it wasn't moving!! But overall we had a fun day and the kids all came home with a stuffed animal of their favorite animal.
And then this afternoon, after church Xavier was playing in the water in the bathroom sink.....I asked him repeatedly to get out of the bathroom (like I always do). When he finally came out, I asked him why he didn't listen to me right away. His reply is was that "God told him to do it." I said "what?". And he says "God told me to play in the sink." I said "hunny Heavenly Father doesn't tell us to do naughty things....that would be Satan." And he replies...."oh, I'm sorry mommy....".

0 comments: