Monday, March 23, 2009

Blessings and more...

So I know its been a while since I've posted anything, but I have been working full time again as John is unemployed. So last night we kept the kids up extra late since it is spring break. We thought if we would keep them up extra late that they would sleep in.....Yeah right. Xavier was up at 7am right on cue!! Without fail he is always up with the sun. No matter how late we keep him up or how cloudy it is, he wakes up and feels that he needs to wake everyone else up too! On another note back in last June I lost my job with home depot and trying to pay our tithing at church has been difficult...even when I found a job. So when John lost his job a couple of weeks ago I decided to start paying it. I figure I am already not going to make most of my bills, why not try to have a little faith in the Lord. Everyone always says that if you pay that tithing you will see blessings. Well, I will have to agree now. I need to start doing this every week. Thursday, four days after I paid my tithing in like a long time, I had my state aid appointment. We found out that we are going to be getting $712 a month in food stamps!! This means that not only will my family be fed well, but John and I can start our food storage! Which we have never been able to do because of lack of money. I am so excited. But it doesn't stop there....when I called John to tell him what we were getting he let me know some good news of his own! Our YMCA membership went from $42 down to $9 a month! So we can afford to keep our membership. Now the only other blessing we need is for him to get approved for unemployment so we can afford to make our rent. But I do know now that if I can struggle a little to have BIG faith and pay that tithing then my family will be provided for....

0 comments: